Miniature Pinscher Club Rules
Miniature Pinscher Club Code of Ethics
Updated March 2023
The club code of ethics is no longer a guideline and now becomes part of the Club rule’s.
All members of the Miniature Pinscher Club undertake to abide by its general Code of Ethics.
- Will properly house, feed, water and exercise all dogs under their care and arrange for appropriate veterinary attention if and when required.
- Will agree without reservation that any veterinary surgeon performing an operation on any of their dogs which alters the natural conformation of the animal, or who carries out a caesarean section on a bitch, may report such operation to the Kennel Club.
- Will agree that no healthy puppy will be culled. Puppies which may not conform to the Breed Standard should be placed in suitable homes.
- Will abide by all aspects of the Animal Welfare Act.
- Will not create demand for, nor supply, puppies that have been docked illegally.
- Will agree not to breed from a dog or bitch which could be in any way harmful to the dog or to the breed.
- Will not allow any of their dogs to roam at large or to cause a nuisance to neighbours or those carrying out official duties.
- Will ensure that their dogs wear properly tagged collars and will be kept leashed or under effective control when away from home.
- Will clean up after their dogs in public places or anywhere their dogs are being exhibited.
- Will only sell dogs where there is a reasonable expectation of a happy and healthy life and will help with the re-homing of a dog if the initial circumstances change.
- Will supply written details of all dietary requirements and give guidance concerning responsible ownership when placing dogs in a new home.
- Will ensure that all relevant Kennel Club documents are provided to the new owner when selling or transferring a dog, and will agree, in writing, to forward any relevant documents at the earliest opportunity, if not immediately available.
- Will not sell any dog to commercial dog wholesalers, retail pet dealers or directly or indirectly allow dogs to be given as a prize or donation in a competition of any kind. Will not sell by sale or auction Kennel Club registration certificates as stand alone items (not accompanying a dog).
- Will not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed nor falsely advertise dogs nor mislead any person regarding the health or quality of a dog.
- The loan of a bitch for breeding purposes must be effected through the Kennel Club as per Kennel Club Regulations for loan of a bitch.
- No bitch will be bred from, which will be under 18 months of age at the time of birth of her puppies.
- We advise members to have all Miniature Pinschers they own tested for Patella Luxation. Which should be carried out no earlier than 12 months of age and results submitted to the breed health co-ordinator.
- All dogs that members intend to use as part of any breeding programme must be tested and results submitted to the breed health co-ordinator before any mating takes place.
- A dam should not have whelped more than 4 litters.
- The dam should not be over the age of 8 years at the date of whelping
- Mating’s should not take place between Father & Daughter, Mother & Son or Sister & Brother
- The dam should not have more than 2 litters delivered by Caesarean Section
- The dam should have 12 months between each litter
- A dog should be 12 months of age before it can be used at stud.
Breach of these provisions may result in expulsion from club membership, and/or disciplinary action by the Kennel Club and/or reporting to the relevant authorities for legal action, as appropriate.